Capacity Building Training for ICT Volunteers was organized in Sauraha. The event was organized on January 3-12, 2017 in two phase each was of a 5-day event.
National UNV ICT Experts including Program and ICT Coordinators Apurwa Singh, Avilash Chakrawarti, Bikram Khatiwada, Durga Bhatta, Ekendra Lamsal, and Nagesh Badu delivered sessions on various technical topics to ICT Volunteers, namely;
- Web Development (PHP, Object Oriented Programming, MVC)
- Web Development (HTML5, CSS3, Responsive web design)
- Web Hosting and Process for .np domain registration (including DNS, DDNS)
- Google Sites (classic and new web publishing platform)
- WordPress as CMS for eGov (security with theme customization)
- Collabroative and Version control system (Git, BitBucket, Google App Script)
- Office Productivity (including advanced Excel) and computing hacks
Expected Output from this capacity building program for ICT Volunteers includes but not limited to addressing;
- Capacity of ICT Volunteers in e-Governance infrastructure management increased
- Server at local bodies established and configured for file sharing as well as web-hosting for Web apps developed at local level
- Knowledge management and transfer platform enriched with tutorials
- Efficiency of local bodies in day to day operations improved
- Support to E-governance at local level.
Event materials specific to ICTVs can be found here and here.
National Program Manager of LGCDP, Resham Lal Kandel was also present during the closing ceremony of the event. He was accompanied by Regional Governance and Capacity Development Expert of RCU Hetauda, Prakash Ghimire.